APHA Mission Statement and Code of Conduct
Who are We
APHA is an association of like-minded professional hunters
who promote the sustainable use of wildlife and protection of
wildlife habitat by subscribing to, and, at all times adhering
to, the mission and code of conduct set forth by the
The APHA's mission is to ensure its members contribute to the
conservation of African wildlife and habitat by continuing the
critical role played by ethical, responsible, and sustainable
hunting, for the benefit of generations to come.
Code of Conduct:
- We will obey the laws of the land pertaining to the countries
in which we operate.
- We will ensure that our activities and conduct will at all
times not bring the APHA into disrepute.
- We will under no circumstances be involved in the hunting
of canned animals as that violates the principles of fair chase.
- Will never partake in the hunting of a predator that was
bred and reared in captivity.
- We will not hunt genetically manipulated game for the
purpose of creating characteristics that enhance the value of a
- We will at all times ensure the highest level of honesty
and transparency in all dealings with clients regarding their
- We will at all times show utmost respect for wildlife, in
particular before, during, and after a hunt.
- All members will make sure they do their utmost to try and
take an animal as quickly and decisively as possible.
- Member will at all times hunt ethically - making sure their
hunting is fair chase, where the game has the ability to evade
the hunter under natural conditions and making sure to abide to
the moral principles that govern a person's correct behavior in
regard to conducting a safari.
- Members will at all times hunt responsibly - making sure to
always ensure the safety and well-being of their client(s),
always remain 100% professional, and always consider the
consequences of their hunting decisions and hunting activities.
- Members will at all times hunt sustainably - accepting that
natural resource conservation is dependent upon our ensuring the
sustainability of wildlife and wildlife habitat. As a result, no
member will partake in any action that will have a lasting
detrimental effect on wildlife populations or habitat.